Jarad & Jewelene's place for publishing I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Outer Banks, NC~ Family Trip

WELCOME TO OUTER BANKS, NORTH CAROLINA.
A family excursion to Jockey Ridge State Park to hike the Sand Dunes.
Mmmm steaks and rutabaga on the grill...camping in the woods, mosquitos all around, the ocean down the street, sand dunes and lighthouses. Outer Banks, North Carolina. Can you get any better than being together with family and friends in such a sweet place?
Our campground, Adventure Bound Campground, had many great features like running water, horseshoes and Peacocks. Random? Yes, there were three males (the pretty ones) and one female. They make the weirdest caw noises.

Orange you happy to be in our family?
Ummmm...let me think about that....


YES, I AM!!!
Bodie Island Lighthouse. It's so beautiful. That's all I can say, I love Jarad and Baby Cai. You guys are the best! At Currituck Lighthouse, we found a baby Aligator Turtle. Cai loved it! In fact, he wanted to eat him! He wants to eat everything!



Hiking along the marshes at Heritage Park. See...there's Cai, eating his shoes. Isn't he so funny...I snapped this just at the right time! Two seconds before, he was sucking on his toes and I popped them out of his mouth. He just laughed and laughed.
I asked Jarad what his favorite part of the trip was, he said, "Playing on the beach and boogy boarding with the Asay's family." I said, "No way! That was mine!" We love you guys! It was so good to see our friends, Hailey and Savannah, who Jarad and I taught in Valiants class in primary in our Sand Lake Ward, Alaska. They've grown up so much, they're 14 now going to seminary, dances, and EFY. It's so awesome to see them!
KITTY HAWK, North Carolina ~Kill Devil Hills, where the first powered aircraft took off from here!
WE LOVE OUR PILOT! Thanks Daddy for working so hard getting people places where they need to be all around the East. You're so awesome. Genius.
This granite monunment was built in 1933 to commemorate 30 years of flight. It's in the shape and form of the racing pylons that pilots used to fly around.
We hiked the 70 skinny steps to the top. The Ranger gave Cai a "Jr. Ranger" badge. He loved it!
A little known, but true history fact:
Orville Wright and Cai and I helped pushed off the right wing as Wilbur and Jarad took off into the air! The fourth flight measured 852 feet over the ground; the time in the air was 59 seconds.
Thanks Jarad for making history so fabulous, fun!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the best post! I am so glad you guys got to go to the outer banks. It looks like you had a wonderful time...and Cai looks like the world's happiest boy! We miss you guys!!!

Robin Conner said...

Thanks for sharing your trip! The pics were great! You have the most incredibly photo-genic baby I've ever seen! He is so scrumptious and happy all the time. My favorite pic was of you and Cai I think in a cemetary. Very very cute!

D said...

You go on such fun trips!! I love reading your blog and vicariously camping and hiking with you! my blog is at http://dblog (dot) wheelertribe (dot) com
love you-
Hermana D (williams) wheeler

Bradleyfamily said...

Wow!! That looked like an awesome trip!! We are definately going to put that on our list of places to go! I love all of the pictures!! Cai is so handsome!! What a great looking family!! We love you guys!!
Hope everyone is feeling better and is happy!

Blue Eyed Girl said...

I love how you guys always have so much fun together~
Cai is such a stud muffin!!
...I didn't know you wore glasses...cool!
Okay, that was a bunch of random thoughts, but you guys are the best!
Love you!

Alicia W said...

I love reading your blog! You adventures are so fun and I miss you guys so much! Keep up all the delightful fun!