Jarad & Jewelene's place for publishing I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! No, I don't feed Cai green food all the time...only on special occasions. We tried to make a shamrock necklace, but were lacking some essential things, macaroni noodles being one. So, we glued it on the black sheet. Cai had fun, his writing is on the back side. He's learning. He climbed up next to me while we made cookies, yes, it's the neon food coloring again. We ate potato soup in honor of the Irish...Some of you may be surprised to discover that potato is a root! We went to a cool nusery yesterday, bought these potato starters. See the cool "eyes" on the potato. That is where little potato sprouts will begin to grow. We're so excited for the garden, for the rain to stop and the frost to go away so we can plant and watch 'em grow.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy birthday soon Jarad! Everyone looks so happy and well, happy! Love you guys,

danilee

Alicia W said...

Happy Birthday Ja-rad! Love you guys!

Bradleyfamily said...

Jewels you remind me so much of my Mom. I love how you celebrate EVERY HOLIDAY!! And you usually have something to learn too! That's exactly what Mom did! :) I love you

Heather Sypher said...

That's awesome! Sounds like so much fun! I learned a whole song about shamrocks in my class. There was one boy who forgot to wear green, so he taped a piece of green construction paper to his shirt! I love my second graders! The macaroni noodles reminded me of a book we read the other day - the diary of a worm. You should get it at the library, you guys would LOVE it!!!

Blue Eyed Girl said...

You are such a fun mom!!
Love the green food coloring!