Jarad & Jewelene's place for publishing I'm a Mormon.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spilled Milk

Cai drinks from a sippy cup. I hand him the cup while I begin doing the dishes. I’ve been listening to China Road, on CD, it’s a great book by Ron Gifford…all about…China. I am way into it, not really worrying about Cai, when all the sudden, I hear the funniest laugh….coming from his direction. I look over and he’s smashing the top of his sippy cup against the dinning room table!

The biggest puddle of white stuff is all over the table! At first thought, I wanted to say, “Cai, stop.” Which, he’s amazingly good at stopping whatever he’s doing when I say that… But then, I swear I heard my mom’s voice saying, “No use crying over spilled milk! It’s funny Jewelene…laugh!” I exploded with laughter. It sort of surprised Cai, but then he laughed some more. I ran for the camera…enjoy the film!

He loved playing with it, using his hand to create artwork all over the wall, floor—not only the tabletop. My favorite part is when I say, “uh, oh,” picks up his soggy sandwich and plops it back into the milk…and when he looks at his hands like, “What is all this stuff doing on my hands?”

He's growing up so fast! He took his own steps yesterday...to me!!

3 comments:

Bradleyfamily said...

That is so cute!! He is such a big boy!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

I heard a rumor that it's your birthday Jarad. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a great day!

beverlibee said...

Oh, he is such a cute little man...I love his laugh.