Jarad & Jewelene's place for publishing I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh, you got me!

"My mommy was playing April Fools on you!"


Sorry, I couldn't resist. It was so funny. Thanks for the comments. I was laughing so hard...
So, it's Spring here. I love it. We planted tulip bulbs from Cornell University when we visited Ithaca. I love Ithaca. I could live there. We planted three bulbs, all the same color, but Kenai attacked one. It's dead. Not so Spring-like of him. We all went to the park, had a picnic. It was Cai's first time down a slide by himself. He did great! His favorite was the little merry-go-round in the backgroud. He didn't want to get off that thing. The bars were just the right size for him. After praying over the lunch, Cai astounded Jarad and I by saying, "Amen," as clearly as any preacher. Kenai always jumps on Cai, so I taught him to say, "Down!" Everytime we walk out the front door, even if we aren't close to Kenai...the first words out of Cai's mouth, "Down!" So, today, I'm cleaning up from lunch, it's super quiet in the back room, which isn't always a good thing. I say, "Cai, where are you buddy? What are you up to?" From the kitchen, I see him super speed crawl, like this kid was hauling it to hide himself. I say, "Cai, what are you doing?" dropping my stuff and walking quickly to catch him. He turns, firmly holds up his hand, and says, "Down!" I had to walk away, I was laughing so hard. It was a pen. He got into his Daddy's books, sorry Jarad--they don't look as bad as your computer. What about the Harry Potter marks, you ask? Well, for starters, yes, that really is my leg color after a long winter. And it's poison ivy. For Cai, hmmm....lesson one in my "Super Silly Things my Mom Did," book. I walked into a pine tree. Cai was on my shoulders. His poor face looked just like mine after a cross country skiing class in college. I was at the back of the line, the instructor was yelling out something. Come to find out too late, they were the telemark instructions before going down a big slope. I was the only one who didn't dodge the baby pine. Skiied right over the dang tree. He's lucky to have only one needle reminder of the accidental meeting. Sorry buddy!

4 comments:

Heather Sypher said...

You should have seen the look on my face when I read your post this morning! I was freaking out!!! I was ready to call you up and ask you how I could managed to have not known about this. Then I remembered it was April Fool's Day. I was torn, but I decided to wait and see if it turned out to be joke before I looked like a, well, fool! You got me good, Jewels!

Camille Hammond said...

That was a good joke. I was wondering when Cai's so young!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Aaargh! Suckered again! My friend here did the exact same thing on her blog last year and I totally bought it.
Nice one. :)

Bradleyfamily said...

Ha ha ha! WOW To be honest I still don't know what to think. :) I think the best word to discribe how I feel is....... Disappointed.
I was really excited about you being pregnant. And with a GIRL!! Oh, well I guess it will happen sooner then later, right! :) Love you! It looks so nice there! I'm so excited for spring! It will be so nice to go outside and play with the kids! We'll see you in a day!!